In 2003 by the initiative of director, Doctor of Sciences, Zaalishvili V. in the CGI the library was established, main fund of which is composed by his personal books. To the moment of foundation the library numbered near 420 units of literature. Today there are 1000 books, 180 denominations of belles-lettres, 820 denominations of scientific and technical literature in the library. At the present time great attention is paid to replenishment and improvement of the library fund content.
Scientific-technical fund of the library includes books on physics, mathematics, geophysics, geology, geoecology, geochemistry, seismology, mineralogy, electrotechnology, philosophy etc.
The fund of library is permanently replenished not only with books, but also with journals and newspapers. Since 2003 the library has received scientific-technical and popular scientific journals: «Geophysical journal», «Round the world», «GEO», «Computing technologies», «Code of legislation of RF» and newspaper «North Ossetia». From 2005 the fund of library was replenished with journals «Computer press», «Graduate student – applicant», «Geoinformatics», «Physics of the Earth», «In the world of science», «Antiseismic construction. Safety of buildings», «CAD and Graphics», «Vestnik of the Vladikavkaz scientific centre», «GeoRisk», «Engineering survey» and the newspaper «Poisk».
The library of the CGI actively cooperates with National library, library of North Caucasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy and North Ossetian State University of Vladikavkaz city as well as with State library (St. Petersburg), Library For Natural Sciences of RAS (LNS RAS, Moscow) and State Public Science and Technical Library (Moscow).
On the stand « Library Novelties » is presented information about receiving of new books and journals, about articles of members and graduate students of the CGI, published in periodical press of Russia and foreign countries.